The Scientific Committee invites colleagues to submit as many abstracts as possible. There will be both oral and poster presentations at the conference. The Scientific Committee will decide whether the presentation will be accepted as an oral or as a poster presentation.
Koen Martens the Editor-in-Chief of Hydrobiologia kindly informed us that the manuscripts of the presentations of the 19th IAP meeting following the usual peer review process will be considered for publication in a special issue again.
The deadline for announcing and submitting oral/poster presentations: 30 June 2022
Confirmation of the acceptance of abstracts: 14 July 2022
The length of oral presentations: 15+5 minutes
Please observe the above deadline, as we are unable to accept abstracts received afterwards.
Online submission of abstracts
(The online abstract submission system will operate
between 25 March 2022 and 30 June 2022.)
Note! Please observe the following regulations:
- the length of the abstract text is limited to 1500 characters (incl. blanks)
- the abstract text should not include tables or images and please avoid numerical data, undefined abbreviations and references
- using simple, factual statements it should contain the aim of research, the main results and conclusions
- the abstract text should not include any formatting, header or footer
Posters of the IAP should be presented during the Poster sections. An electronic poster presentation system will be used. The posters will be uploaded and presented on electronic poster boards. The poster authors thus do not need print their poster but should send it, preferably as a PDF file, to the Conference Office (email@example.com) until 01 September 2022.
GUIDANCE FOR PREPARATION OF E-POSTER PRESENTATION
E-posters can be prepared by any presentation editing (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, Apple Keynote) or graphical (e.g. CorelDraw, Adobe PhotoShop) application that can save or export to PDF file.
Please use the following settings for the best performance:
- Poster size: Width: 72 cm (28.35″); Height: 128 cm (50.5″)
- For better readability san-serif fonts (e.g. Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, Lucida, Verdana) with a minimum of 24 point size should be used. Figures, tables and graphs should be as large as possible.
There is an option of incorporating short videos in your poster. For this purpose use MS PowerPoint, embed your video, set the video to start immediately and repeat infinitely.
- For best compatibility save or export your poster as a PDF file (Use save or export option instead of print to PDF to avoid presenting white printer margins in the PDF file). PPT files are also accepted but might not presents identically on the e-poster screen due to compatibility issues. Inserting figures, graphs and tables as images rather than in their native file format is suggested in this case. Use the following file name system: iap-’surename (family name) of the presenting author’-’firstname of the presenting author’-’numbering as 1, 2, 3…if you present more posters’ e.g. iap-smith-john-1. In case of presenting videos in your poster name the video files similarly as your poster and add –video-’numbering’g. iap-smith-john-1-video-1. In this case provide the original PPT file and the video files instead of PDF file.
4. Poster files should be sent by e-mail to the Conference Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) until 01 September 2022.